Posted by: admin on Dec 6, 2010
Deadline December 13
Be part of a fun work environment and help support the art of cinema and animation as the Sponsorship Coordinator for the Canadian Film Institute and its major event, the Ottawa International Animation Festival.
The Canadian Film Institute presents a regular public programme of contemporary, historical, and international cinema in the National Capital region, presented in the Auditorium of the Library and Archives Canada. http://www.cfi-icf.ca/
The Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is the largest event of its kind in North America. It is a major film event attracting attendees from around the world.http://www.animationfestival.ca/
The full-time Sponsorship Coordinator works within a team environment to help us meet or exceed the Canadian Film Institute's annual corporate fundraising goal. The Sponsorship Coordinator reports to the Managing Director of the Ottawa International Animation Festival and the Executive Director of the Canadian Film Institute.
* The Sponsorship Coordinator works alongside the CFI Directors and is responsible for private cash and in-kind fundraising in the form of foundation and corporate sponsorships for all CFI events and the overall organization
* Work with the Managing Director and Executive Director to identify and obtain sponsors, and to help develop and deliver sponsor related programs and events at Festivals and throughout the year.
* Oversees day-to-day management of all sponsor relations, ensures that agreements are fulfilled and maintains sponsor relations.
* Develop, approach, track and secure potential / prospective and existing sponsors and other funding sources and marketing opportunities.
* Develop sponsorship outreach plan designed to meet the organization's sponsorship goals for both cash and in-kind sponsorship.
* Create and update as appropriate CFI sponsorship opportunities and benefits structure.
* Maintain sponsor database and ensure that all sponsors and other partners (marketing and organizational partners) are tracked and recognized appropriately.
* Oversee development and delivery of sponsorship content for Festival web site.
* Working with management, oversees and implements benefits structure to insure that all corporate and foundation sponsors and ad buyers receive appropriate benefits as per agreements including corporate visibility, brand awareness and marketing tie-ins, as well as passes and tickets.
* Oversee development and production of sponsorship marketing materials.
* Works with Managing and Executive Director to ensure that all sponsor deals are consistent with overall vision for the Festival and, that contracts meet with CFI standards and practices.
* Coordinate with Board, Executive and Managing Director regarding sponsor targets and with CFI marketing regarding community targets.
* Manage ad sales and track revenue for ad sales.
* Design and oversee thank you packages and letter delivery to all sponsors post-event.
* Works with all CFI programming staff and management representing sponsors needs, and developing prospects based on needs of each event or area.
* Work directly with CFI management on other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
* Prior experience in corporate sponsorship and fundraising.
* Experience with film festival or arts and events related fundraising.
* A solid knowledge of commercial, independent and international cinema and a sound understanding of film festivals.
* Capacity to quickly grasp broad concepts and ability to articulate vision and role of the CFI events to potential sponsors and other partners.
* Strong management skills and proven ability to coordinate dissemination of information.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines and deliver on business agreements.
* Impeccable organization with ability to manage projects and information in order to achieve significant results.
* Strong writing skills, especially in crafting compelling sponsorship presentations and proposals
* Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills; strong general office skills.
* Ability to deal with rapidly shifting priorities.
* Outgoing, team player with a good sense of camaraderie and strong interpersonal skills.
* Mac proficient with knowledge in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suites
* Bilingualism is an asset
Salary: 30K yearly with benefits package
Start Date: January 2010
The Ottawa International Animation Festival
2 Daly Ave, Ste 120 Ottawa, ON K1N 6E2
Phone: (613) 232-8769 Fax: (613) 232-6315
Festival website: www.animationfestival.ca
This year's event runs September 21-25, 2011
Canadian Animation Directory: www.animationdirectory.ca
Toon Apprentice Site for kids and teens: www.toonapprentice.ca