Posted by: admin on Sep 7, 2010
Deadline: September 9, 2010.
General Manager for Propeller Dance
Based in Ottawa, Propeller Dance is the only organization in Ontario with the sole mandate of providing dance programming to children, youth and adults with and without disability. A registered charity incorporated in 2007 Propeller Dance is a leader in integrated dance in Canada, providing inclusive, accessible and integrated dance programming to people with and without disability. After significant organizational growth the organization is now looking for an experienced and dedicated General Manager responsible for running the administrative operations of the organization, including contributing to fundraising, communications, volunteer and financial management.
Reports to the Co-Executive/Artistic Directors
Full-time contract position
The General Manager will provide input into strategic direction and implementation of organizational development strategies. Key components of the job will be writing grants and securing funding from public, private sector and individuals and marketing communications; will provide administrative management and support to the Co-Executive/Artistic Directors, which will include booking school and community tours, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, administering registrations and evaluations, database management, bookkeeping and budget management and developing community initiatives.
- Three or more years employment history working in management level in a non-profit or charitable organization, preferably in the arts
- A history of designing and implementing financial, communication and marketing strategies and organizational development initiatives
- Demonstrated knowledge of arts administration, social services sector and disability issues
- Capacity to motivate, supervise, work with and delegate to both paid and volunteer staff
- Ability to engage in forward planning and detailed administrative tasks
Fundraising and Financial Requirements
- Grant writing experience with positive record of securing funding from public and corporate sources
- Ability to manage individual donor campaign and charitable reporting
- Budget management experience
- Bookkeeping experience with Quickbooks or comparable software packages
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational and facilitation skills
- Media relations, public relations, marketing, event coordination experience
- Bilingualism will be considered an important asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to provide own work space and equipment such as computer, printer, fax, phone
- Proficiency in MS office
- Experience with design and video editing software, an asset
Please indicate salary expectations in your application.
While respecting all the merit criteria, Propeller Dance will give preference to hiring an applicant with disability.
Send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 9th, 2010. We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.