JOB POSTING - Artist Wanted- Teaching Position - “Bridging Creative Minds”
Written by Administrator
Friday, 17 December 2010 16:45
Artist Wanted- Teaching Position
“Bridging Creative Minds”
The Nepean Housing Corporation (NHC) is a non-profit housing provider with 559 units of subsidized and market rent housing. NHC is seeking one part time artist to teach painting classes to seniors and mature adults. Teaching hours are two, 2 hour afternoon sessions per week (total of 4 hours/week) for 21 weeks (from start of February to end of June 2011).
Reporting to: Community Developer
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Proven ability to teach painting classes (oils/acrylics/watercolours)
* Knowledge of and sensitivity to the needs of seniors
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively and negotiate effectively
* Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
* Teach painting classes (oils/acrylics/watercolours) to two groups of seniors in the Nepean area (2 Hammill Court & 130 Centrepointe Drive)
* Assist in facilitating and attending 2 field trips to local galleries/museums
* Assist with planning and hanging of an exhibition of the artworks produced by the participants in September 2011 (approximately 8 hours)
* Perform administrative record keeping and reporting as required
Please note: the following are required for this position:
* Criminal record check (for successful candidate)
* Availability for afternoon and morning work
* This position pays $30.00 per hour x 4 hours a week x 21 week contract starting first week of February and ending last week of June 2011. Candidate will be required to provide an additional 8 hours of work to assist with the Art Show.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter, quoting the position title. The Ottawa School of Art will be used as a consultant in the interview/selection process. Any materials sent to Nepean Housing will be shared with the Ottawa School of Art as required for the hiring process.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their resume to Nepean Housing Corporation, 16 Kilbarron Road, Nepean, ON, K2J 5B2, or e-mail to
, or fax to 613-823-8453 by January 15th, 2011. Interviews with selected candidates will be held during the week of January 17-21, 2011.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.