All Party Townhall on matters of Art
Tuesday, April 19, 6:30 – 8pm
Plan to attend this public forum at the Cube Gallery discussing and debating the role of art in our lives, our cities, our country.
Do the candidates in the upcoming federal election have a vision for the role of art in Canada? Do they understand how art enhances our communities, educates our minds and broadens our vistas?
...Come and join this lively debate with candidates from all of the politicial parties as they discuss where they stand on the arts.
Does art matter? Should we remove taxes on original art? Should Canadian theatre, music, and other cultural events be taxed? What would our lives, our communities, our workspaces be without art?
This will be an important opportunity for anyone involved in the arts community, including artists, audiences, academics, the people who work and play in our public spaces. Don't miss this opportunity to be heard.
Confirmed participants include:
• Paul Dewar (NDP, Ottawa Centre)
• Jen Hunter (Green, Ottawa Centre)
• Scott Bradley (Liberal, Ottawa Centre)
• Stuart Ryan (Communist, Ottawa Centre)
ABSENT from the Debate
• Damian Konstantinakos (Conservative, Ottawa Centre) (Although his campaign office is directly across the street he has declined our offer)
This forum will be free of charge. Open to the public and wheelchair accessible.
1285 Wellington St. W. Ottawa, K1Y 3A8
613 728 1750 ~ 613 728 2111